Adirondack Canoe in the St. Regis Wilderness (8/31-9/2)
One of our perennial favorites for guides and adventurers alike!
We've been guiding this trip since 2012 and our experience means we know the best fishing spots and techniques, the best places to camp to avoid the bugs, the best lakes for midnight star-gazing, and more.
Check out a selection of pictures from our St. Regis trips from the last six years.
Spend three days in the most remote wilderness in New York, so protected that group sizes are limited to eight people. Home to 58 lakes connected by countless rivers, dotted with hundreds of islands, and totally closed to all motorized craft, this is the largest canoe wilderness in the Northeast and offers unparalleled scenery, great fishing, and amazing camping.
We’ll load our canoes and paddle deep into the wilderness, portaging (a fancy word for carrying) our special lightweight canoes from one pond to the next. Paddle, swim, fish the lakes full of trout, explore the forest full of Great Blue Herons, and enjoy the beauty and serenity of this incredible wilderness by day in the warm July sun. With clear skies at night, see deep into the Milky Way from the middle of a mild mountain lake with loons calling in the background. A truly unparalleled vacation, many of our adventurers come back year after year.
Destination Backcountry Difference
Unique Destination: Custom-made adventures created from our years of exploration and experience. You won’t find this trip anywhere else.
Unique Itinerary: We go the extra mile so we start the trip with a full day of canoeing on Saturday. We arrange for a guide to drive overnight on Friday, and we've fostered partnerships with local canoe outfitters upstate who open up shop early for us.
All adventures include:
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- All required paddling gear
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Gourmet lunch, dinner, and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs