Slide Mountain Slam (9/21-22)
Second only to our Devils in a Day trip, take on 18.5 miles through the old-growth forest along the Slide Mountain Wilderness. Climbing four peaks in two days, including the highest mountain in the Catskills, the strain is worth the panoramic views from Mount Wittenberg, scrambly cliffs of Slide Mountain, and the infamous Cornell Crack. With Panther and Giant Ledge added on for good measure, this trip will take you through incredibles forests during peak foliage with incredible views and a night in the woods with great food in perfect fall weather.
Destination Backcountry Difference
Experienced Guides, Authentic Experiences: On a Destination Backcountry trip, you’ll never camp next to a busy road or on gravel at a state campground or eat a dehydrated backpacker meal. We offer restorative overnights in deep wilderness for a true backcountry experience where you can find peace, quiet and comfort in nature. We serve delicious, freshly cooked, well-rounded meals that many hikers say is better than what they eat at home.
All adventures include:
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Gourmet lunch, dinner, and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs