Adirondack Canoe in the St. Regis Wilderness (9/5-7)
One of our perennial favorites for guides and adventurers alike!
We've been guiding this trip since 2012 and our experience means we know the best fishing spots and techniques, the best places to camp to avoid the bugs, the best lakes for midnight star-gazing, and more.
Check out a selection of pictures from our St. Regis trips from the last six years.
Spend three days in the most remote wilderness in New York, so protected that group sizes are limited to eight people. Home to 58 lakes connected by countless rivers, dotted with hundreds of islands, and totally closed to all motorized craft, this is the largest canoe wilderness in the Northeast and offers unparalleled scenery, great fishing, and amazing camping.
We’ll load our canoes and paddle deep into the wilderness, portaging (a fancy word for carrying) our special lightweight canoes from one pond to the next. Paddle, swim, fish the lakes full of trout, explore the forest full of Great Blue Herons, and enjoy the beauty and serenity of this incredible wilderness by day in the warm July sun. With clear skies at night, see deep into the Milky Way from the middle of a mild mountain lake with loons calling in the background. A truly unparalleled vacation, many of our adventurers come back year after year.
Note for adventurers: Please plan to arrive by 10am on Saturday, August 5, in the St. Regis Wilderness for this adventure.
Destination Backcountry Difference
Unique Destination: Custom-made adventures created from our years of exploration and experience. You won’t find this trip anywhere else.
Re-opening booking guidelines
After you book your trip, the DBA Team will email you to coordinate transportation. We will ask:
1) How many people in your group?
2) Do you have a car or are you willing to rent one? If yes, are you willing to drive other adventurers too?
3) If you do not have a car or rental options available, are you willing to share transportation with someone who does?
Policy change highlights during re-opening
- We cannot provide transportation at this time
- We will still provide all meals while on adventure
- In an effort to keep the cost of our adventures as low as possible, we have a six person minimum for all trips. This helps distribute the cost
- Please read our guidelines for responsible travel
- Please read our reopening blog post for more details