EXTENDED Adirondack Canoe in the St. Regis Wilderness (9/2-7)
If there's anything we hear from our adventurers after our signature Adirondack canoe trips, it's that they want more days of adventure. We listened, and this year we are offering an extended trip, which means we can offer a greater itinerary for adventure! (Can't take the extra days off of work? We're still offering our regular Labor Day Trip too!)
We'll have the options to:
- Hike to the top of a peak in the canoe wilderness with stunning views of the surrounding ponds, lakes, and mountains
- Spend real time with fishing instruction and putting new skills to use
- Explore deeper into the wilderness, with more remote ponds and more pristine scenery
- Have time to truly decompress and relax. It takes more than three days for your mind to readjust to the pace and peace of being in the woods and disconnected from the world. (Though we think swimming in perfect Adirondack lakes can speed up that process!)
We've been guiding this trip since 2012 and our experience means we know the best fishing spots and techniques, the best places to camp to avoid the bugs, the best lakes for midnight star-gazing, and more.
Check out a selection of pictures from our St. Regis trips from the last six years.
Spend five days in the most remote wilderness in New York, so protected that group sizes are limited to eight people. Home to 58 lakes connected by countless rivers, dotted with hundreds of islands, and totally closed to all motorized craft, this is the largest canoe wilderness in the Northeast and offers unparalleled scenery, great fishing, and amazing camping.
We’ll load our canoes and paddle deep into the wilderness, portaging (a fancy word for carrying) our special lightweight canoes from one pond to the next. Paddle, swim, fish the lakes full of trout, explore the forest full of Great Blue Herons, and enjoy the beauty and serenity of this incredible wilderness by day in the warm July sun. With clear skies at night, see deep into the Milky Way from the middle of a mild mountain lake with loons calling in the background. A truly unparalleled vacation, many of our adventurers come back year after year.
Destination Backcountry Difference
Unique Destination: Custom-made adventures created from our years of exploration and experience. You won’t find this trip anywhere else.
Re-opening booking guidelines
After you book your trip, the DBA Team will email you to coordinate transportation. We will ask:
1) How many people in your group?
2) Do you have a car or are you willing to rent one? If yes, are you willing to drive other adventurers too?
3) If you do not have a car or rental options available, are you willing to share transportation with someone who does?
Policy change highlights during re-opening
- We cannot provide transportation at this time
- We will still provide all meals while on adventure
- In an effort to keep the cost of our adventures as low as possible, we have a six person minimum for all trips. This helps distribute the cost
- Please read our guidelines for responsible travel
- Please read our reopening blog post for more details