Autumn Arrives Restorative Basecamp (10/2-4)
About this trip
A perfect weekend getaway to reconnect with nature, yourself, and others, in the midst of breathtaking Catskills foliage. We’ll meet on Friday afternoon for a 1-2 mile hike into one of our hidden basecamps, nestled in a valley, and set up a comfortable basecamp for the next two nights. On Saturday, we’ll explore the area and likely climb a Catskill high peak by bushwhacking (hiking off-trail) to avoid crowds. Sunday will be a mellow day to hang out in camp, relax, sit on a streambank, or try your hand at trout fishing.
Great for: A moderate overnight with plenty of opportunity to relax in camp and get in a good hike.
Re-opening booking guidelines
After you book your trip, the DBA Team will email you to coordinate transportation. We will ask:
1) How many people in your group?
2) Do you have a car or are you willing to rent one? If yes, are you willing to drive other adventurers too?
3) If you do not have a car or rental options available, are you willing to share transportation with someone who does?
4) We are now offering a limited number of spots with public transportation options for trips, combining Amtrak/MetroNorth and a local livery service for an extra charge. Please let us know if you would like to be considered for this option for this adventure.
Policy during re-opening
- We cannot provide transportation at this time
- We will still provide all meals while on adventure
- In an effort to keep the cost of our adventures as low as possible, we have a six person minimum for all trips. This helps distribute the cost
- Please read our guidelines for responsible travel
- Please read our reopening blog post for more details