Epic Adirondack Canoe Adventure (7/1-5)
About this trip
Spend five days in the most remote wilderness in New York, so protected that group sizes are limited to eight people. Home to 58 lakes connected by countless rivers, dotted with hundreds of islands, and totally closed to all motorized craft, this is the largest canoe wilderness in the Northeast and offers unparalleled scenery, great fishing, and amazing camping.
We’ll load our canoes and paddle deep into the wilderness, portaging (a fancy word for carrying) our special lightweight canoes from one pond to the next. Paddle, swim, fish the lakes full of trout, explore the forest full of Great Blue Herons, and enjoy the beauty and serenity of this incredible wilderness by day in the warm July sun. With clear skies at night, see deep into the Milky Way from the middle of a mild mountain lake with loons calling in the background. A truly unparalleled vacation, many of our adventurers come back year after year. No canoe experience necessary.
On this extended adventure, we'll have the options to:
- Hike to the top of a peak in the canoe wilderness with stunning views of the surrounding ponds, lakes, and mountains
- Spend real time with fishing instruction and putting new skills to use
- Explore deeper into the wilderness, with more remote ponds and more pristine scenery
- Truly decompress and relax. It takes more than three days for your mind to readjust to the pace and peace of being in the woods and disconnected from the world. (Though we think swimming in perfect Adirondack lakes can speed up that process!)
We've been guiding this trip since 2012 and our experience means we know the best fishing spots and techniques, the best places to camp to avoid the bugs, the best lakes for midnight star-gazing, and more.
Check out a selection of pictures from our St. Regis trips from the last seven years.
All adventures include:
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- All required paddling gear
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Gourmet lunch, dinner, and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs