Balsam Lake Mountain (2/4)
You won’t find better views in all the Catskills. From the fire tower on top of Balsam Lake, intrepid hikes can see well into the Midwest on a clear day. The 6 miles of reasonably graded trail is gentle by Catskills hiking standards. Our route takes us through hardwood forest up into the fragrant evergreen forests. There’s not another peak of this height to the west until the Rockies!
Winter adventures include:
- Snowshoes or crampons (as conditions dictate)
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Hot, gourmet lunch and snacks on our adventure
- Transportation to and from NYC (Brooklyn and Manhattan locations
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs