Devils and the Details (6/30-7/1)
The infamous Devil’s Path: 24 miles, over six mountains, over two days. Far more mellow than our annual Devil’s in a Day marathon, this pace allows ample time to enjoy the miles of gorgeous and rugged terrain, impressive viewpoints, and incredible forest that make this trail both challenging and stunning. We’ll even be able to fit in the “details” often missed along the way: the true summit of Hunter (with firetower!) and trail-less Southwest Hunter. We offer a restorative night in a deep wilderness backcountry camp; peace, quiet and comfort in nature with a delicious meal will get you amped up for a second day on the trail.
Destination Backcountry Difference
Experienced Guides, Authentic Experiences: On a Destination Backcountry trip, you’ll never camp next to a busy road or on gravel at a state campground or eat a dehydrated backpacker meal. We offer restorative overnights in deep wilderness for a true backcountry experience where you can find peace, quiet and comfort in nature. We serve delicious, freshly cooked, well-rounded meals that many hikers say is better than what they eat at home.
All adventures include:
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Lunch and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs