Heart of the Catskills Backpack (5/27-29)
Venture off the grid and deep into the heart of the Slide Mountain Wilderness: an old-growth, primeval forest and one of the most stunning landscapes in the Catskills. We’ll spend three days and two nights in a forest that has remained untouched by man since the glaciers retreated with some trees over 400 years old—possibly the most remote hiking near NYC and in the Catskills.
We’ll be hiking off-trail for a large portion of this adventure, peaking 4-6 summits using map and compass. No previous navigation skills are required. Avoid the Memorial Day weekend crowds and hunt the elusive nodding pogonia wild orchid, this is one of only three places where it blooms!
All adventures include:
- Transportation to/from NYC, with convenient pick-ups in Brooklyn and Manhattan
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Lunches, Dinner, and Snacks on our adventure
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs