Huckleberry Loop (9/15-16)
This 12.9 mile loop is wonderful, but ambitious. Falling just shy of 3500 feet, you won’t add any peaks to your 3500 list, but to us that only means more secluded trails free from crowds and a chance to explore some truly unique forest. Passing what was once a farm, the trees abruptly all become the same height, size, and species: these are the red spruce that were planted by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s. Also featuring a bog, ample opportunity to spot wildlife, and spectacular views of Cold Spring Hollow and the Pepacton Reservoir, this is one adventure you won’t find anywhere else.
Read more about the trail in Will’s article about the trail.
Destination Backcountry Difference
Exclusive Partnerships: Upstate Adventures Guides trip offered exclusively through Destination Backcountry
All adventures include:
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Lunch and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs