Intro to Winter Adventure (1/19-20 or 21)
New to winter adventure? Fear not, we've been teaching hikers and backpackers new and old how to prepare for winter camping for many year. On this trip, spend a night in the woods in a tent, snow shelter, or lean-to, depending on the conditions and availability. We'll hike into camp and cover the basics of preparing for a winter trip, proper layering, the magic of hot water bottles in your sleeping bag, and have a great time along the way!
Options to return Sunday or Monday night.
Great for first-time winter adventurers
All adventures include:
- Snowshoes or crampons (as conditions dictate)
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Hot, gourmet lunch and dinner and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs
- If conditions permit, you'll learn how to build incredibly cozy snow shelters