Overnight - Gentle - Women of the Wilds (11/4-5)
Guided by women, for women. All skills levels and ages welcome. Women of the Wilds.
While summit views can be beautiful, and climbing to the top of a mountain can be a great achievement, we find that some of the best things about the outdoors are the things in between the trailhead and the destination, and you don’t have to reach a summit to experience them. After a 1-2.5 miles hike into camp on gentle elevation, we’ll settle in for a night of teaching, fire building, stargazing, and delicious meals. This is a great first camping trip if you’re new to the outdoors, or if you want to focus on skills training while also having some time to just relax in the woods.
What We'll Cover:
Gear: what you need and where to get it
How to choose a campsite
How to make a tarp shelter
Backcountry cooking and meal planning
Basic emergency preparation
Plus, any other burning questions you have about the outdoors!
All adventures include:
- Transportation to/from NYC, with convenient pick-ups in Brooklyn and Manhattan
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Lunches, Dinner, and Snacks on our adventure
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs