Enchanted Forest Paddle (5/16-17)
In a burst of wildflowers and unfurling fern fiddleheads, early spring brings a rush of fresh water, making certain rivers which are inaccessible for the other eleven months of the navigable for just a few weeks. Starting near the headwaters of one of the finest wild and pristine trout streams east of the Mississippi, the first day of paddling will be an exhilarating run down this rapid river until we make a luxurious camp in a tributary brook in the forest. On our second day, we’ll explore ponds and rivers that become marshes and brooks by the 4th of July. This undiscovered route is one few people know about and we’re stoked to visit in the heart of spring.
Destination Backcountry Difference
Unique Destination: Custom-made adventures created from our years of exploration and experience. You won’t find this trip anywhere else.
All adventures include:
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- All required paddling gear
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Gourmet lunch, dinner, and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs