Slide Mountain (3/21)
Required Winter Catskill 3500 Peak
Though the tallest peak in the Catskills, the trail up Slide mountain is well maintained and well graded, making this high peak with great views more accessible than most. With a monument to John Burroughs at the summit and incredible examples of beautiful Catskill geology along the trail, nature, history, and rock enthusiasts will enjoy the chance to see rock formations and Catskills history first hand. This hike generally offers more rewards for less effort than any other in the Catskills and the refreshing mountain spring just past the summit has the best tasting water in New York (in our personal opinion).
Great for: your first Catskills summit, for adventurers of all ages
Dog friendly: four-legged hikers welcome!
All adventures include:
- Snowshoes or crampons (as conditions dictate)
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Hot, gourmet lunch and snacks on our adventure
- Transportation to and from NYC (Brooklyn and Manhattan locations)
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs