Survival School - Day Trip (5/20)
Our industry-leading survival school is intended for all skill and experience levels and has been covered by outlets like the Wall Street Journal. On this day trip, we'll head to the Catskills to practice a variety of survival skills, including:
- The psychology of survival: the most important part of any survival situation
- Lighting a fire without matches
- Building a survival shelter with natural materials
- What to bring in your survival pack
- Obtaining water
- Effecting rescue and other rescue methods
- Prelim wild edibles
Most trips will depart at 6:30am near the Barclays Center and 7:00am near Grand Central. You will be notified in advance if departure times and locations differ for your trip.
Yes! Your adventure includes a breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffee and tea for the drive to the trailhead. We will provide a healthy, gourmet lunch and snacks during our adventure. We offer vegetarian and vegan options, and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs.
We will provide a detailed packing list based on conditions before your adventure. Below is a sample packing list:
- 2, 1-liter water bottles
- Rain gear
- Extra layer of clothes
- Wear: Comfortable, breathable clothes. Standard workout clothes are great for hiking
- Footwear: Sturdy sneakers, trail runners, or hiking boots. We’ll let you know well in advance if conditions call for special footwear.
Your guides will provide all group gear (water filter, etc.). We do not require any specialized gear for our day hikes, and you most likely have everything you need already. We’re happy to answer questions and offer advice to ensure you have everything you need.
You will receive a confirmation email for your adventure within 24 hours of booking. Your guide will reach out 7-10 days before your adventure with an update on trail conditions, weather, a suggested packing list, and more.