Women of the Wilds: First Night in the Woods Series (10/27-28)
Spending your first night in the woods can be intimidating! That's why we're here to walk you through each step of the process. Your two women guides will take care of all the prep, gear, food, and planning. We'll answer all of your burning questions and address any concerns or fears your might have. There will be plenty of time for skills acquisition if you'd like to learn how to filter water properly, build a fire, use a backcountry stove, and more.
After a gentle hike, we'll camp either at the Shandakan lean-to (if available, lean-tos are first-come, first-serve) or nearby with an optional hike up Eagle Mountain the following day. As we settle in for the night around the campfire, you'll understand the joys of a peaceful anight in the woods.
All adventures include:
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Lunch and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs