Adirondack Canoe in the St. Regis Wilderness (9/4-6)
Spend three days in the most remote wilderness in New York, so protected that group sizes are limited to eight people. Home to 58 lakes connected by countless rivers, dotted with hundreds of islands, and totally closed to all motorized craft, this is the largest canoe wilderness in the Northeast and offers unparalleled scenery, great fishing, and amazing camping. We often see the first signs of autumn at this time of year, even as it is warm enough to swim!
We’ll load our canoes and paddle to our basecamp from which we’ll explore deep into the wilderness, portaging (a fancy word for carrying) our special lightweight canoes from one pond to the next. Paddle, swim, fish the lakes full of trout, explore the forest full of Great Blue Herons, and enjoy the beauty and serenity of this incredible wilderness by day in the warm July sun. With clear skies at night, see deep into the Milky Way from the middle of a mild mountain lake with loons calling in the background. A truly unparalleled vacation, many of our adventurers come back year after year.
No canoe experience necessary.
All adventures include:
- Transportation from/to New York City with convenient pickup locations near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Grand Central in Manhattan
- All required paddling gear
- Group gear and shelter: we’ll handle cooking, safety gear, water treatment and shelter on our adventure so you may pack and travel light
- Breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffees and teas
- Gourmet lunch, dinner, and snacks on our adventure
- Note: we offer vegetarian and vegan options and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs