Survival School Overnight (4/22-23)
Our industry-leading survival school is intended for all skill and experience levels and has been covered by outlets like the Wall Street Journal. On this overnight trip, we'll cover a variety of survival skills and have the option to sleep in survival shelters for the night.
- The psychology of survival: the most important part of any survival situation
- Lighting a fire without matches
- Building a survival shelter with natural materials
- What to bring in your survival pack
- Obtaining water
- Effecting rescue and other rescue methods
- Prelim wild edibles
Most trips will depart at 6:30am near the Barclays Center and 7:00am near Grand Central. You will be notified in advance if departure times and locations differ for your trip.
Yes! Your adventure includes a breakfast of fresh fruit and donuts and a selection of coffee and tea for the drive to the trailhead. During your overnight trip, we’ll provide healthy, gourmet meals for lunch, dinner, and breakfast. We pride ourselves on serving delicious dinners cooked from scratch in the backcountry. We often hear from our adventurers that they eat better in the outdoors than they do at home! We offer vegetarian and vegan options, and we’re happy to accommodate any dietary and allergy needs.
We will provide a detailed packing list based on conditions before your adventure. Below is a sample packing list:
- Backpack (45L minimum, with hip belt)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Mess kit (fork, spoon, bowl and cup)
- 2, 1-liter water bottles
- Clothes: extra layers, top and bottom, 3 pairs of socks
- Wear: Comfortable, breathable clothes. Standard workout clothes are great for hiking
- Footwear: Sturdy sneakers, trail runners, or hiking boots. We’ll let you know well in advance if conditions call for special footwear.
Your guides will provide all group gear (water filter, cooking gear, etc.). You do not need to spend much money on gear for our trips! We have gear available to borrow, and we have partnerships with local gear shops to provide reasonable rentals. We’re happy to answer questions and offer advice to ensure you have everything you need.
You will receive a confirmation email for your adventure within 24 hours of booking. Your guide will reach out 7-10 days before your adventure with an update on trail conditions, weather, a suggested packing list, and more.