Hike & Harvest—Autumn in Upstate New York
Our fall Hike & Harvest day adventures are some of our most popular trips each year. But what exactly do we mean by "hike & harvest"? Learn more about how these adventures offer the best of fall foliage and autumn in upstate New York.
Hiking in the Hudson Valley
Our hike & harvest day adventures take us primarily to Minnewaska State Park, one of the most beautiful forests in the Hudson Valley, recognized them as one of the "last great places" on earth by The Nature Conservancy.
What makes Minneawaska so special? Here are a few of our favorite reasons for visiting Minnewaska in the fall:
- Gorgeous, jaw-dropping views over the rugged Shawangunks
- A stop by one of the stunning "sky lakes" in the park
- Countless beautiful waterfalls to visit
- End of season wild blackberry bushes
- A combination of gentle carriage road trails and fun but accessible rugged trails
All of our hike & harvest trips are part of our "slow hikes" series, which are gentler hikes perfect for taking pictures, hiking at your own pace, and soaking up a full day immersed in natural surroundings.
Harvest in the Hudson Valley
After our gentle day hiking and exploring gorgeous viewpoints and the best of fall foliage in the Hudson Valley, we'll stop at one of our favorite local farm stands. Brimming with the best of seasonal produce and prepared goods to enjoy on the ride home and over the course of the season, here are a few items you can expect to find, depending on availability:
- Local produce, including apples, pumpkins, gourds, and more
- Local honey
- Local maple syrup
- Flowers (primarily mums at this time of year)
- Baked goods: pies, muffins, fresh bread (a few of our favorites include roasted garlic and rosemary), brownies, cookies, and more
- Smoked and farm-fresh meat
- Local artisan-made gifts and products, including candles, mugs, and more
We'll also stop in nearby New Paltz, a beloved small town filled with great restaurants, a local brewery, shops, galleries, and much more, perfect for exploring and getting a start on your holiday shopping.
Book a Hike & Harvest day hike here.